A big piece of growing your business is leveraging content to build relationships with your customers online.
To help you get the green light to start your content strategy, we’ve compiled some of the most interesting and impressive statistics about content.
- 95% of B2B enterprise marketers use content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
- 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
- 50% of B2B marketers use content marketing for education and thought leadership (Social Media B2B).
- Interesting content is one of the top three reasons people follow brands on social media (ContentPlus).
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site (ContentPlus).
- 82% of prospects say that content tailored to their industry is more valuable (Marketo).
- 90% of organizations market with content (Content Marketing Institute).
- 92% of surveyed editors prefer contributed content from industry experts and leaders rather than journalists (Influence & Co.).
- Only 44% of B2B content marketers have a documented content strategy (Content Marketing Institute).
- 77% of CMOs at top-performing companies indicate that their most compelling reason for implementing marketing automation is to increase sales (Gleanster).
- 78% of CMOs think custom content is the future of marketing (Demand Metric).
- With an ROI of around 4,300%, email marketing (combined with a strong content approach) practically pays for itself (Copyblogger).
- Content is the lifeblood of inbound that delivers 54% more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing (HubSpot).
- In terms of content submissions, 86% of surveyed editors say they’re planning to increase the number of guest contributors (Influence & Co.).
- 82% of marketers who blog see positive ROI for their inbound marketing (HubSpot).
- 41% of marketers confirm content marketing’s positive ROI (HubSpot).
- 44% of companies today outsource at least some of their content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing (ContentPlus).
- B2C marketers spend 28% of their budgets on content marketing (Content Marketing Institute).
- Content creation and management now claim the second-largest share of digital marketing budgets (Gartner).
Are you interested in learning more about how content applies to your organization? RSVP to the SUMtech webinar series “How Content and Thought Leadership Influence Growth.”
This article was originally published on the The Knowledge Bank, Influence & Co. blog.